• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

speedo quit working last season

mrjigger

at the end of last season my speedo quit working on my 1994 arctic cat prowler. I asked some questions on this forum and found out that I might have a bad drive shaft bearing. I am not very savvy when it comes to engines, etc. but....

Last winter/spring I did take the clutch and speedo housing off exposing the bearing. The bearing did not appear to be damaged in any way and the drive shaft appears to be centered in the bearing. The speed key does not seem to be broken. Also, I put a drill on the end of the speedo cable and the speedometer is working, however, the sheating the protects the speedo cable is broken off down where it screws onto the speedo housing. that is the only thing that I can see that is broken. could that cause the speedo to quit working?

Also, how do I get it all back together properly. Do I just reasemble and grease the inside of the speedo assembly before I put it all back together.

hmmm.. spedo houseing or the gear box by the jack shaft? the clutch in the speedo its self could be bad. take the cable off the speedo, and run it if the cable turns in there its the speedo if not its prolly the gear box or something is wrong with the key.