• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tilt/Trim Dead on Mercruiser I/O Help

NCLaker

Can't take the boat out of the water to winterize cause the tilt/trim is not working. It is a Mercruiser I/O with a Alpha outdrive. When I push the tilt or trim button nothing happens, no noise at all. Checked the wiring in the control and look okay.

Any suggestions on what else I may check? At a minimum I need to get it up so I can pull my boat out of the water. Is there a fuse somewhere that might cause this? Seems to act like it is getting no power.

Battery is good - I can start and run the motor just fine. Just know tilt/trim.

I'm suppose to pull boats/lifts in today, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

There is a fuse back at the trim and tilt pump/motor. Follow the red wire from the battery to the trim motor and you will see that it connects to a red square fuse. Check for power on both sides of the fuse.

Make sure all connections are tight and corrosion free at the battery and other connections.

the fuse is #20. Also check fuse #7. Check the solenoids

13-1.png

this is a shot in the dark.... but follow the wiring from the control back to the engine and there are square "fuse" type things(cant remember proper name) for both up and down... they are about 1 1/2 inches..... cant imagine both went out, but did happen to me once.....found relacements at auto parts store.

Relays. But If 1 or both are out you should still hear a click. I'm suspecting no voltage before that point.

The other things to consider are the switch, wires to the switch, the inline connector in those wires somewhere along the starboard side of the boat.

Fuse #7 in the picture is the fuse for the power to the switch in your control handle.

I left the computer to go replace a stator and ended up grinding my finger between the starter gear and flywheel! I was glad to see you got it! No stitches by the way, not enough to stitch to but it is ground up bad enough that im done boatfixin for a few. Right hand middle finger.