• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pretty darn quit in here

Isn't anyone thinking about a fall/winter rod-building or lure making project. I have at least 3 that I am going to build, just have decided if I am going Rainshadow or St Croix. there is a couple other people that are talking about getting a rod built for them too.

Got a rose pattern figured out and want to build it for my daughter. Should be pretty darn cool when it is done.

I've got projects in mind but I've been incredibly busy with life stuff that has kept me away from chasing fish or building lures.

I'm moving towards hand-carved hard jointed swimbaits, and come winter I'll likely start doing soft plastics as well, with the intention of making both kinds of lures for big pike/musky.

I agree, a bit busy right now, but soon. Getting to be time to start planning these projects out and getting supplies in. And I always seem to get someone who wants one at the last minute for a xmas present.

It is so quite it is deafening! lol... guess the snow has everybody looking for the shovel.

Hey, that kid at Appledoorns Sunset Resort caught a 29+ in a wind storm Friday night that kept everybody else close to the TV.... goes to show ya... ya can't trust the wind to tell you what will bite and when.

Was a great time to meet some FM'ers last weekend. Thanks for coming out in that ugly weather to enjoy all the fun.

My project list is overloaded: Firewood needs to be stacked, a bunch of rods to build, the sportshow promoters want down payments, some international travel is on the horizon, fish need to be caught, and its not yet the middle of October. Then the rod class season begins the end of the month, the holidays and then the ice season. Where does the time go!

I was thinking at work today that things have been quiet in here also. Bussiest time of the year for me - been salmon fishing and the steelheads are picking up, the walleyes are putting on the feed bag, fall foliage is peaking, archery season starts saturday, the fall mushrooms are sprouting, add a job and a girlfriend = not much time...

I do have some rods to build and jigs to paint. I painted alot of jigs last ice season for myself and friends that rocked, will need many more this year. Have two cousins and a close friend who want flyrods for next spring.

Plus I recently purchased a bamboo blank for myself that I cant wait to finish. I did alot of shopping and had a guy out in Oregon build me a blank. Great craftmanship and a good price! I'd love to make my own from scratch but alot goes into it tool wise that I dont have, and nowhere close offers classes...