• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Do I need certain paperwork to bring a dog into North Dakota?

fish4cats

My buddy insists that I need certain paperwork to bring my dog into North Dakota this weekend for duck hunting. I cant find anything in the regs or online about it other then the Dept of agriculture that states i need paperwork if we are there for more than 30 days.

Anyone know the answer? Thanks in advance.

Just stop by your vet's office and ask for your dogs shot records. They will print it out and then the vet will sign it. Then throw it in your glove box at have a great time.

Been hunting with dogs for a lot of years in MN, IA, SD, & ND. Never have been asked for my paperwork yet when checked by the game warden. You don't want to not have if ever you do need it though.

At one time the NoDak AG department required a "Health Certificate" for each dog brought into the state. Not sure if that rule is still on the books or not. I asked a warden about it and he said they were not enforcing it. Have never had the certificate and have never been asked for it.

At one time the NoDak AG department required a "Health Certificate" for each dog brought into the state. Not sure if that rule is still on the books or not. I asked a warden about it and he said they were not enforcing it. Have never had the certificate and have never been asked for it.

I did look this up under the NoDak Ag dept HSOforum and it said that any dog that is to be brought into the state for more than 30 days needs a Health Cert..