• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Time to nail those hard to manage weeds!!!

Powerstroke

I see that almost the entire state of MN is going to experience their first frost/freeze of the season this week.

If you are someone who has problems with creeping charlie, clover, violets or other hard to control weeds this is a great time to give them the gusto. Many of these weeds have strong defenses against herbicides during the growing season, but they all become vulnerable late in the season and especially after the first frost.

Find a product that is right for your weeds and let them have it at the recommended rate. Its a great time to hammer on those tough perennial weeds!!

How long should one wait untill after this rain to put down some chemicals and also how important is to put them down on a sunny day so that it will get sucked in and put an end to my mob of creeping charlie. Any help at getting rid of it is greatly apprecaiated. thx

How long should one wait untill after this rain to put down some chemicals and also how important is to put them down on a sunny day so that it will get sucked in and put an end to my mob of creeping charlie. Any help at getting rid of it is greatly apprecaiated. thx

Once the plant is dry, you can spray. Read the label of the product you're using, it'll tell you how long the rain / water should be off.

Originally Posted By: crothmeier
i'm spraying tonight!

Hopefully something came up and you didn't get to it. With all the rain you guys are going to get, there's going to be a good chance it'll not be as effective.

nope, did not spray, and still havent. been too wet, and the next 2 days arent looking good either! probably wednesday. I did get down winterizer before all the rain started last week though.

How should a person handle weeds growing in a yard that was seeded about 8 weeks ago? The grass is at a point where the overall length is between 3 and 5 inches long. Is it best to pick the weeds by hand or spot spray? How will this affect the grass? Is it best to leave it be and address it this spring?

Thanks.

I reseeded my backyard this spring and hand picked them as i saw them pop up for the frist two months. then spot sprayed after that.

on the spray or seed container you have, it should say how long to wait before spraying, if the grass is to young it could kill it. but 8 weeks i would think you shoudl be fine

How should a person handle weeds growing in a yard that was seeded about 8 weeks ago? The grass is at a point where the overall length is between 3 and 5 inches long. Is it best to pick the weeds by hand or spot spray? How will this affect the grass? Is it best to leave it be and address it this spring?

Thanks.

Generally speaking, after the grass has been mowed for the 3rd time.

You're probably going to wait to spray until spring.

LMN would be much more creditable than my opinion but I think it is a little late for the weedkiller, but this is perfect time for fertilizer. I did the weed killing 3-4 weeks ago and everything is dead gone now. even the creeping charlie.

You're still good to go until freeze up. Get it down now / soon.

You won't see the same quick reaction as if you did it in the spring, summer moths, but that chemical will all the way until the roots freeze, and some chemical will still be there in the spring.

Kill them buggers.