• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

we're back

It's been a long dry spell for us. The last time I posted the motor was @ the Dr. We got it back & promptly hit the water.
Needless to say, it acted up worse than it went in. We also got stranded about a 1/2 mile from the launch. That was the longest 1/2 mile to troll in. Thank you to everybody who helped us.
Back to the "Dr" we went. Now fellas, I'm not going to get too wordy...but I do know a thing or 2 about boats & motors. Trying to pull the wool over my eyes, doesn't fly. After a few words, & finding the correct tech, things went great. This gentleman apologized for things that weren't done, & for things that were not told to us.
Needless to say, we are finally fishing. Went out a slaughtered the northerns. Loved the sight of the one about 15# chasing my little spinner. (Had taken a break & was doing some bass fishing.) Also those northerns & muskies like to look @ a little something different.
Planning to go out tomorrow down by the Big Chip area. It gets dark so fast, that it puts a damper on the after work fishing.
Again thanks to all the men & woman who were so gracious to help us off Lake Alexander.
Stan & Char

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, but glad to hear their was people there to help you out. Nothing worse then having motor trouble went your out in the middle of the lake. We just had some problems with our motor also, but hubby was able to fix it himself. I'm looking forward to getting out there next weekend. After that we will be putting the boat away for the winter.
<><Mary><>

Been there done that! Stranded out in the lake with not a soul around. Not fun.

Sad day today. We went fishing on Pelican (did not even get a bite even in our favorite hole). Then we drained the motor and got the boat ready to put in storage. Man I hate doing that. But husband is out of town next weekend and who knows what will happen after that. Wish we had next week off because the weather sure sounds great. Oh well, there is always next summer and today was such a beautiful day it did not really matter if we did not catch anything.

------------------
Phyl