• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ranger 617T

Esox_Magnum

There's 2 on craigs right now, single consoles, 115 and 150 merc for 18 and 18.5k. I think those are high.

The glass tillers are a tough call, there's not a lot out there. If it was a tin boat I would say $10k +/- bump that up for the fact it's a ranger and I'd say low to mid teens.

Let us know what you pay/sell it for, I'm interested to know.

I'm going through the same process in trying to determine what is a reasonable asking price for my boat, but as MuskieJunkie said there aren't a lot of glass tillers on the market right now so finding one in the various classifieds to gauge the market price has been difficult. I may just sit on it over the winter and see how the market looks next spring. Usually a better time to sell a boat anyway, not to mention the state of the economy right now which is probably dampening the prices also.

I'm buying maybe, yes inside is as nice as the outside. As luck would have it I ran into the guy at the ramp on Sunday but I was in a tourney and didn't have a chance to take it for a run. For now will fit my needs and budget providing my bankers in a giving mood.

Only downside is the underpowered trolling motor and outdated electronics. Guess I could swap what I have currently and sell those on my current boat.

My 2 concerns would include the motor, and the mini-console in the 617. The earlier yamaha carbed 4-strokes are strong, but if they get out of timing at all, they don't run. I know a few guys that had them on skeeter tillers, and they spent more time in the shop than I would like. If you know 4 stokes, and how to clean and adjust carbs it won't be a big issue for you. Lots of guys with 617 boats upgraded to the 618T, Pete Harsh designed the boat. I've heard the layout of the 617 gets a little tight with he console, esp if you ever fish with 3 guys. Other than than the weak TM on the bow, you shouldn't need to do much. It looks like a clean boat that was taken care of.

On a trailer equipped with the shallow launch option there are two winches: a normal winch that connects to the bow eye and a second winch that lifts a series of keel rollers so that boat is off of the bunks for easier unloading. I think that option is worth about $500-750 when new.