• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How long do I have to wait...

Luck e 1

I am going to put some spray weed killer (ortho weed be gone plus crab grass).

I will put it down on Friday.

My question is how long I need to wait before I put a general fertilizer down?

I noticed it looks like it may rain a few days next week (assuming they are correct wink and I thought the day before (monday) would be a good day to put down the fertilizer so it can soak in well without me having to water a lot.

Is this too much on my lawn in a short time?

You can put your granular fertilizer down the same time you spot spray your weeds.

The important thing is to leave your grass grow for 4-6 days before spraying the weed killer to have the weeds more exposed so they soak up more of the herbicide. Then wait 24-48 hours to mow after spraying. The fertilizer will take effect eventually when it rains with out interfering with the spray.

Yea you are fine any time. The majority of the time we spray our customers lawns it is with a weed killer and liquid fertilizer mixed together, and a liquid fert. is much stronger and more quickly absorbed than a granular. Or in the summer time we often broadcast spray weed control and then do a granular fert at the same time......nothing to worry about.