• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dream Season

camo_marc

By far the best program on the Outdoor Channel. It would be great to be on there, but their expectations are very unreasonable. Go to their HSOforum and checkout the qualifications. It's something like provide your own travel expenses, send in video footage from past hunts, show them the property you have access to, and must be able to hunt almost everyday in November. I'm speaking from what I remember....I certainly wouldn't qualify since I've never had a hunt video taped.

I thought it was funny that the group from MN barely hunted in MN during their season. They traveled to other midwestern states to get a shot at a decent buck. Just another example of the poor buck quality.

would definately be awesome to be on there if they paid for everything and there weren't so many qualifications. also, the boys from MN bring up a good point. they say they don't hunt MN much because the gun seasons are usually scheduled to be over the rut. that likes to make big deer go completely nocturnal.

WELL LAST YEAR I WENT DEER HUNTING FOR THE FIRST TIME UP NEAR MILLE LACS WILDLIFE REFUGE I HADNT BEEN HUNTING 5 MINUTES WHEN I HEARD WHAT I THOUGHT FOOTSTEPS OF ANOTHER HUNTER AND I SAID **** ITS GOING TO GET CROWDED TO MY AMAZEMENT IT WAS A 6 POINT BUCK HE LOOKED HUGE I AM ASHAMED TO SAY BUT I MISSED THAT BUCK FROM ABOUT 30 YARDS OUT. MY SLUG GUN WAS SIGHTED IN AT 100 YDS AND THE DROP AT 100 YARDS IS HUGE THE SLUG WENT RIGHT OVER HIS SHOULDER AND HIT A TREE. HE RAN ABOUT 20 MORE YARDS AND STOPPED I WANTED TO TAKE ANOTHER SHOT BUT, AS A SAFE HUNTER I DECIDED NOT TO TAKE THE SHOT SINCE PAST HIM WAS THE GENERAL LOCATION WHERE THE VEHICLES PARK. HE WENT ON HIS MERRY WAY AND I DIDNT SEE HIM AGAIN LAST YEAR. RUM RIVER STATE FOREST HERE I COME AGAIN, I DID TAKE A DOE MY FIRST THAT WAS FINE WITH ME AND THE MEAT WAS GREAT.