• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New software and Birds

MARINERMAGNUM

I decided to update from my PS Elements 2.0 [i hear laughter] so,I downloaded Lightroom and tried it for a month:waaay more than I need! I'm not a big pixel pusher. A crop here,a little sharpening there,maybe change white balance,and I'm usually set. I finally decided to go with the newest version of Elements because I want a program with a RAW converter so I can do it all in one spot and not round trip from DPP back to PS. The results seem decent,but I have alot to learn about batch processing and importing-still taking too long. I'm still a firm believer in trying to get it right "in camera" but Canon goofs the white balance alot. I need to join a Photoshop focus group for ignorant folks-I have no tricks,no magic,and I'm worried that I'm too old to learn. crazy

I went out for about 30 minutes to get some images to experiment on,and found a few birds.

Wow,I also found out how tough it is to try and catch focus on a Kinglet with dreary light,no contrast,and a bird that is about the same color as his habitat. But it was fun trying!

These were all shot in the wild-in a ditch about 400 yards from our house.

Kinglet

3478017681_5e5672bd9e_o.jpg

Ditto

3478013697_ff5b3bf6d1_o.jpg

White Throated Sparrow

3478871766_f90a38c5eb_o.jpg

Female?

3478878866_407c426c6f_o.jpg

Looking very nice MM! PP is really a must to get the most from your shots, yes getting it right in camera makes your life SO much easier. I would really recommend a Photoshop Elements book by Scott Kelby. All you likely will need to know in step by step follow through, very easy to follow along with. That one book will help you more than you can imagine!

Dan,I swiped Mic's book tonight and tried a little different technique-nothing fancy,it only took a few minutes. I'd appreciate your input [or anyone elses]

This is the 2nd frame from the above bird. I used Adobe's colors instead of the camera's this time. I think it's a little easier on the eyes-i.e. not so contrasty.

3481409087_0e28781f1f_o.jpg

I really like it, I think it is a very nice re-work! You may want to consider using Adobe RGB color space in camera. You have a multitude more colors available for processing. You should then convert to sRBG for displaying on the web when you work them in PE. Web browsers use that color space so if you keep them in Adobe RGB they look dull and flat when displayed on the web.

I really like it, I think it is a very nice re-work! You may want to consider using Adobe RGB color space in camera. You have a multitude more colors available for processing. You should then convert to sRBG for displaying on the web when you work them in PE. Web browsers use that color space so if you keep them in Adobe RGB they look dull and flat when displayed on the web.

wow gorgeous shots here!! but this post has me a bit confused,, you said that he may consider Adobe RGB instead of the sRGB that the camera is set to by default,, can you elaborate on that? I shott in sRGB as well,, I'm wondering if I should change to Adobe too?