• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

check tire pressure light

the check tire pressure light keeps coming on everytime i start my truck and i have checked the tire pressure and they are all the exact same and at the reccomended psi is there any way to shut off the tire pressure system on my suburban or override that light

What year Suburban?

Does it tell you what the tire pressure is on the dash?

Have you checked the owners manual to see if there is a reset procedure yet (not sure what the trucks require for resetting the system)

If its just a generic light and no individual tire pressure readings than there is a possibility that a sensor is reading incorrectly. The only way to find out is with a TPMS tool.

Coincidentally I just Purchased the OTC model last week. Its pretty slick. I can walk around the vehicle and get (if equipped) the sensor ID, battery condition, tire pressure and tire temp.

I don't think the spare has a sensor?

Never rule it out though, but I also would think a 2005 Burb would not have a ducer in the spare. I am not a Chevy guy though. This is about the time things where changing. I know at least 06 on up Chryslers had them in the spare and maybe 05.