Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bak2MN

Minnkota trolling motor troubles

8 posts in this topic

My trolling motor wont turn to the right when I push on the foot controller. Sometimes it works but most of the time it wont. It acts like there is a short in it. Is there anyway to check it out or someplace to send it, or should I just try to replace the controller? Any advice?

Try D&D on North Washington in DL they're a minnkota repair shop.

try a foot pedal of a friends more than likely if it is intermittent that is the problem...

on some older models the steering logic is in the auto pilot board i believe.. try pressing the pedal and pulling the coil cord to the head of the motor in diffent directions..

Mine was the main board, after taking out 3 pedals we found this out.

My trolling motor wont turn to the right when I push on the foot controller. Sometimes it works but most of the time it wont. It acts like there is a short in it. Is there anyway to check it out or someplace to send it, or should I just try to replace the controller? Any advice?

I had the same exact problem last year with my MinnKota...

I took apart the foot pedal, which is easy to do but don't lose the springs, and the computer board on the foot pedal was burnt out on the part where it would touch when you press the pedal to the right. you have to just take it apart to see what I am talking about. If I pressed that spot with something it would turn right so I cleaned it and taped a piece of small rubber there so when the pedal was pressed it put more pressure on it. It was a cheap fix and at the end of summer I ended up buying a new foot pedal anyways.

I had a similar issue on a older Power Drive unit right out of the box. A new foot controller fixed the problem and it worked fine after that.

I had the same problem and it was the foot pedal. Someone also recommended spraying the bottom of the pedal with electrical contact cleaner. I didn't try it, but just a thought.