• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dog training "Laws or Rules"

Pickelfarmer

Is there any laws in MN on Dog training as far as, Do you need a liecense to be a dog trainer, or can anyone train dogs for money?? I just had a friend ask me to train his lab. He said if I can train his dog. He has a couple other guys that want dogs trained and if I did good with his dog they would want me to train there dogs.

I was just wondering if I would have to do anything special for this (Leagal wise)? I would be charging some money for my service time as well as boarding.I've trained labs in the past with pretty good results and he knows this. I won't charge him but if his friends want me to train there dogs it will be a differnt story. This would be more than dog training it would also involve a little training with the dog owners as to how to handle there dog.

I don't believe that is a regulated industry here, I would call a couple trainers and ask them. Might not get a straight answer though, they might feel threatened you're trying to take business away from them.

Thanks guys. I will check with the county and see if theres any speical laws. Any dog trainers out there don't have to worry about me taking away any Biz from them.I'm not looking to start a training business. I just wanted to make sure that I wouldn't get in trouble for helping train a couple dogs. Thanks again...