Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rick

Lake Anita Fishing Reports

6 posts in this topic

Anita (Cass): Crappie fishing has slowed with cooler weather. The weather forecast looks promising in the coming week for fish to move close to shore. As water temperatures warm, cast small jigs around the jetties and rocky shorelines.

Click here for more Southwest Iowa Fishing Reports.

Lake is full with good water clarity. Bluegill - Fair: Bluegills are spawning in many areas around the lake. Cast small jigs close to shore or find underwater reefs and fish pea gravel tops. Largemouth Bass - Fair: Largemouth bass are being caught in cedar tree piles and around sunken road bed. Try casting plastic baits with slow retrieve. Crappie - Fair: Crappies have moved off shore but are being caught drifting small jigs in 6-8 feet of water in the main part of the lake. Anglers are also having success casting around the underwater reefs.

Lake Anita will offer excellent ice fishing opportunities this year. Fall samples show that bluegills and crappies experienced good growth in 2009. Anita has 8 to 10 inches of ice. Bluegill - Fair: Anglers are catching many fish exceeding 8 inches using wax worms. Crappie - Slow: The best success has been fishing with minnows in the evening. Crappies are running 9 to 10 inches.

Lake is full and has good water clarity. Bluegill - Fair: Bluegills up to 9 inches are being caught with small jigs tipped with Berkley Gulp. Largemouth Bass - Slow: A few largemouth bass are being caught around cedar tree piles using plastic baits. Crappie - Slow: The crappie spawn is close. Fishing will improve when water temperature warms a few more degrees. Fish small jigs around rocky shorelines.

Lake is full and has good water clarity. Bluegill - Fair: Bluegills are staging just out from shore ready to spawn. Fish up to 9 inches are being caught with small jigs tipped with Berkley Gulp. Largemouth Bass - Fair: Largemouth bass are being caught casting the shoreline with spinner baits. Crappie - Good: Male crappies are guarding nests and can be caught casting small jigs close to rocky shorelines and around underwater reefs. Fish average 9 inches.

Lake Anita has two concrete boat ramps to choose from. Bluegill - Fair: Bluegills are being caught drifting small jigs across the main lake and around underwater reefs. It helps to tip jig with crawler or Berkley baits. Fish average 8 inches. Largemouth Bass - Fair: Largemouth bass are being caught casting the shoreline with spinner baits early morning and late afternoon. Crankbaits and plastics are a good bait around underwater reefs and roadbeds later in the day. Crappie - Slow: A few crappies can be picked up drifting jigs or casting around underwater reefs. Fish average 9 inches. Later in afternoon and evening is best.