Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thorski

question for Wish-I-were-fishn?

6 posts in this topic

Hi Wish-

I saw the pic of your boat in the other thread. That shot is cool. It looks 3-D. I am not a photographer so I gotta ask: what kind of camera/film did you use to get that shot?

Thanks.

Thor

No, joke. That picture made it look like a toy boat or something.

No, joke. That picture made it look like a toy boat or something.

Whew.......I was beginning to think I was the only one thinking that. Glad you thought so too. There is definitely something different about that pic......the boat seems to stand out. It is really cool. My wife and I were looking at the pic and she thought it looked like it was in HD.

Hi Wish-

I saw the pic of your boat in the other thread. That shot is cool. It looks 3-D. I am not a photographer so I gotta ask: what kind of camera/film did you use to get that shot?

Thanks.

Thor

Hi Thor, thanks for noticing. This was taken with a inexpensive digital camera, however I cropped the image and then blurred the background in Photo Shop Elements to make the boat stand out. The picture below is the shot prior to my tweeks. It looks like I'm showing off my fishing buddies garage more than the boat.

I good photographer can take shots like this without needing to tweek them by using a different aperture setting to control the depth of feild, which does the same thing.

BEFORE:

249265777_o.jpg

AFTER:

157084627_o.jpg

Wish-

Wow, that is a really cool effect. I am not a photographer so thanks for explaining it. It is neat to compare the before and after pics. The garage door in the back-ground does stand-out or draw your attention in the "before" pic. In the "after" pic the boat is the focus of attention. It really does make a huge difference.

Hey, if I take a pic of myself could you photo-shop a huge walleye in my hand! LOL. I think that is the only way I am gonna get a pic like that! LOL.

PS. Nice boat.

Thor