Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dahitman44

Decided on a kicker

8 posts in this topic

Went with the 9.9 Suzuki to match my 175. I am very excited about my choice and what i have read about the recent improvements.

Thanks to everyone for their help. Now if we can just get rid of the hard water ...

Congrats, hope you like it as much as I like mine. Did you go tiller or remote? Is it on the port or starboard side?

I got the one with the remote.

They are putting it on the "Passenger" side. That is what they thought would be best ...

does that seem like the way to go? I have the ladder directly behind me (driver's side).

Yeah, my ladder is on the port, Passenger side. The motor got mounted behind me. Even that heavy ranger lists to the starboard, driver side, with just me in the boat. I am not very skinny though. Also the steering linkage hit my kicker when it was tilted all the way up. You should be good to go on the port side.

It would/will be better on the port side.

I've had my kickers on both sides of the boat. I run my kickers as tillers, on my current boat I had the kicker moved from the passenger side to the driver side so I would be closer to the console when running the motor. On the boat I have now I like it better on the driver side. On other boats I liked it better on the passenger side.

I think for a remote controlled kicker they are almost always on the passenger side.