• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ICE AUGER PROBLEMS

pigdogger

hey guys i sure am glad i found this site last year. i have problems with my strikemaster lazer 8" auger. its brand new this year never even used until tonight i put gas in it in the garage and tried and tried but it won't kick over. this is the model with the red switch on the throttle lever. now im pretty mechanically inclined so i pulled the black wire which im assuming is the ground. this wire is right next to the red switch. now i pull it over and the auger runs like a champ. i am looking for someone who has had the same problem and fixed it. i assume it's something with the ground and the switch not how did you guys fix it help guys its friday and i wanted to try this brand new auger out thanks

I've heard some have had issues with the switch. It sounds like that's the issue in your case as well. Depending on where you're located, you could stop in at Strikemaster or D-Rock and have them take a look at it since it's new. I don't use the switch on mine and always turn it off using the yellow compression button, so if it were me and I were having the issue I'd probably just disconnect the switch as you did so that it will start.