Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aczr2k

Nils auger caddy.

6 posts in this topic

Made up a Nils auger caddy, I started with an otter tube and figured I needed some engine support, so I added an adjustable support that slides in or out depending on whether or not I have the extension on. The sled just hooks behind. Now I just need a motor cover of some sort? Does anyone make such a thing? Suppose I could just resort to an elcheapo garbage bag. I think someone should design one and get them made up, a nice zippered cordura cover, heck even with the fishing MN logo would be nice, since the store sells the augers and all.

Here's the pics , sorry for the quality, camera apparently doesn't like the indoors.

DSC00671Large.jpg

DSC00674Large.jpg

I have a nils on my sled. I cut the end off my eskimo zippered cover so the extra length sticks out the end. I put a couple of plastic cable ties around the end of the zipper so it won't un zip all the way. I also have a 10" tube so the nils fits with the blade protecter on and the the bag and sleeve keep all the snow out when riding. I hope this helps DrJ.

The ready rig motor covers work good . The blue one is smaller than the yellow ones for Jiffys but the blue one fits the Nils perfect like it was made for it . I think it was made for strikemasters but good with my Nils .

AUGERCOVERS.jpg

TD

Hey that looks good, I was just in a store last week that had some left. Thanks!

Better than a garbage bag ,eh ? ;)lol .And you gave me an idea to so Thanks to you too . grin

Good luck

TD