• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2004 Silverado Gas Gauge

Filled my truck a couple days ago when it was about -15 out. Next morning, I noticed the gas gauge went well above the full position, probably about 1/4 revolution past full. When I shut off the truck it reset back to somewhere in the 3/4 full range. Over the course of the last few days it has gradully been working its way around the dial. Now its almost reading at the E when its running and it is resetting to a point above the F. It seems to me that its probably the gauge that is B/O, but I was wondering if you folks have any experience or suggestions. Anyone know if there is a TSB on this? How difficult is it to remove the instrument cluster and replace the gauge?

How many miles are on it? There is an issue with the clusters on the 04's that can be taken care of under a special warranty if it falls into a certain VIN range. The warranty goes up to 70K, but if you're not far out of it they may do a goodwill repair. If you're still around or before the 70K range, you'd have to call a dealer to see if you qualify.