• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A lil off normal topics

Ok this may seem strange to ask in these forums but as there are so many photographers here I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for someone who does maternity photo's.

I have done searches online and have only come up with way expensive prices and I really don't want a studio setting.

I hope I am allowed to ask this in here, If not I appologize and understand that it may be removed.

Also as some of you know I am using a new camera fugi finepix s1000 and I'm not sure if something is wrong with the camera, but most of the time the pic will turn out yellow looking and then sometimes standing in the same spot using the same settings will be normal color, also none of the shots turn out clear, they appear to have alot of noise to them (this has been this way since I got the camera) also on the lens I have noticed a tiny spot that can not be removed.

I'm not sure if the noise is something I am doing wrong but the spot on the lens makes me nervous as this is a brand new camera. If anyone can lend some advice on what to do that would be great....

Thanks all

Mel

I think it's a legit question. If you're looking for a professional to take the shots, it's going to cost some money. They do this for a living and they are charged with doing a better job than an amateur. If they don't, they won't be in business very long. Shop around. While most pros will be in the same ballpark as to charge, it will vary some. Also, not everyone feels comfortable with those type of shots. I did some pregnancy photos for my step-daughter, but I'd have to think about doing it for a client.

Usually noise is a factor in underexposing - especially when applying ISO although aperture and shutter speed can play into the factor as well.

As to the yellow/no yellow. Sometimes if you're shooting under certain types of lights, the bulbs are actually cycling or "flickering" very fast - I think around 60 cycles a second. Depending on where that cycle is when your shutter opens, sometimes you catch the good light, sometimes not. I'm sure either Dan or Steve can be more specific and accurate, but as I understand it, that is kind of the gist.

Thank you for that reply, I have been tring different things with the ISO, ap & shutter speed, so I'm hoping that's all it is, but even on auto when I first started using the camera it had some noise to it as well,

Just hoping it is me cuz having to p/s all the noise out of the pics gets a lil annoying.

Mel, shoot me an e-mail. I know a great female photographer who specializes in candid and maternity photography and is inexpensively priced. She lives in the Twin Cites, and she will come to you if that's what you want.

I'll be out photographing all afternoon and won't see an e-mail until I'm back home, but you can phone me at (218) 235-1147 on the cell and I can give you contact info if you'd rather do it that way. Cell phone service where I'll be is spotty, though.

Ken covered your other questions pretty well. Definitely check your iso on the noise issue. Try to keep it to iso400 at the most and, as long as you are not underexposing your images, noice will be minimal. The spot that won't go away is probably a speck of dust on your sensor, and there are a number of ways to clean off your sensor. No time to go into that now (on the way out), but do NOT used compressed air to blow it off or stick your finger in there. smilesmile

also none of the shots turn out clear, they appear to have alot of noise to them (this has been this way since I got the camera) also on the lens I have noticed a tiny spot that can not be removed.

I'm not sure if the noise is something I am doing wrong but the spot on the lens makes me nervous as this is a brand new camera. If anyone can lend some advice on what to do that would be great....

Thanks all

Mel

I for one am glad you asked your questions. I happen to be the noise queen. I delete the majority of my pictures. Still! And some of the things you do in pp only increase the amount of noise. Especially cropping and sharpening. Keep working at it. It will come. I hope. If not we're both in trouble.

By the way, I've had the spot also since I first got my camera.

It's so nice to have somewhere to ask these questions as I prob would have given up and just stuck with the auto setting and never got full use out of my new camera,I appreciate everyones kindness to share their knowledge.

That spot on my lens is odd looking it's a small hollow circle I just hope it doesn't cause problems that I'm not aware of...Have you noticed anything with yours Birdsong?

It looks to be on the outside, but can only be seen when you look from a certain angle it's off to the side and doesn't seem to cause problems

will wrapping a cue tip in my cleaning cloth cause any problems? I just can seem to get it with just my cloth