Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sorney

Bow Fishing

5 posts in this topic

I think i'm gonna rig my bow for fishing next year. This will be the first time i'v ever bow fished so i have some questions.

Is there a special license? What species can u shoot? I live near Rochester so where is someplace close? I saw someone bow fishing under the bridge at the silver lake dam; is that legal?

I am clueless so i have a ton more questions but these are a good start.

No special licence other than fishing licence. You are pretty much limited to rough fish carp, suckers etc. You will just have to look in rule book. If you hunt with your bow you may just want a really cheap bow for strictly fishing.

correct! just need fishing license. can shot any rough fish: carp, suckers, sheephead(if you can hit them). must be outside of any city limits (just like hunting). best time is when carp are spawning (end of may begining of june).

The spawn is alright, but my favorite time is right at opener, early May. Get out there before the milfoild comes up and scour the bank near cattails. Doesn't get any better.

Do a search for land of lakes bowfishing association. I guarantee you will get all the answers you want. And I will bet there will be many locals near you that would be happy to take you along for some great shooting. You will learn everything you need to know there.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Good luck Anyfish2. Saw quite a few out in the rain driving home today    
    • Well, i will try my hand at picking up another bird for the team starting tomorrow.  Weather looks to be challenging at best over the next 7 days.  I will give my best effort when i can get out.   Birds are still hanging around the area well,  hopefully i can get a tom to break from the Hens.  
    • and this?   
    • Sure seems like a nice little bait. Takes the topwater frog to a whole new level.
    • They talked today about the D inability to find shooting lanes....I like Reilly's ability to walk the blueline with the puck and shoot quickly...maybe he could help...but he is not physical by any means... BB stated he wants a big physical Dman for starters.
    •   Good stuff...the main diff between Chicago and Mn was the way the Bowman took ownwership of the problem and Fletch did as expected today and blamed a hot goaltender, danced around pointed questions...he did however admit we are in a tough position with the Cap and few draft choices but steered clear of ownership to that problem....did you listen in by chance...it was almost laughable
    • BB, I cant say I disagree with any of those observations. They didn't produce when it counts. That is what really matters, but it isn't the first time that teams excel in the regular season and flop come playoff time and it certainly isn't something that is isolated to the Wild. The Hawks get some slack because they have won 3 cups in the last 7 years, but fact is they have been bounced in the last 2 1st rounds too. By that, they are no better than us. We will see what happens to the Caps. They have a tough draw with the Pens this round, but its not a stretch to say they will get bounced 2 years in a row and be the Presidents Cup winner. Lots of teams have that issue. Anaheim has had that tendency too. Playoffs are a whole different animal. The team makeup that works in the regular season usually doesn't translate well in the playoffs. I agree the Wild need more beef. Staal certainly helped, but they are far from a heavy team especially on the back end with our D. Early on I thought we had one of the deepest D corps in the league. Looking at them in this playoff series they looked weak. We needed a guy like Folin to step in and play some minutes and make a difference, but he was shell-shocked in his first playoff game. I don't think we have much help in that area in Iowa either. The heaviest guy we have Seeler, is a liability big time and I don't know if he will ever make it up to the big club.
    • You can pre-order on a Japanese web site ... i almost did but got spooked out with all the Japanese language and had no idea how to translate and know what shipping and price was LOL     i want one but will wait!!!  so many lures and not enough time
  • Our Sponsors