• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

IceCastle Fish House

snowfighter

Question

Bought a IceCastle fish house and noticed after I got home from the dealer there was still tension on the cables of the winchs for the wheels and the pins had now weight on them, shouldn't the cables be loose and the pins be caring the weight of the spring?

bwg, Do you mean grease the swingarm pivot? Yes, you can but it would be a project to do the job correctly. Basically you'd need to take the swingarm off the shaft, if the shaft is rusted, buff/sand it clean, and re-assemble after greasing the shaft. However, with the zerk, (and assuming the shaft is rust free) you would just pump in a couple pumps periodically with the grease gun and you're done. Phred52

How are you removing the wheel assembly? Mine has a bolt at the end drilled through a sleeve and the axle shaft. This bolt is very rusty, if it were broke loose, it could not be removed as it would hit the angle iron that is welded to the assembly. This one is about 5 years old.

I'm not only talking about the just the wheel assembly Jiggs, I'm talking the whole works. Swingarm, springs, spindle, fender, wheel and tire, All of it. It sounds to me like you're describing the construction of your spindle (axle). My swingarm assembly is constructed to be removed like this. I remove a 5/16"x4" cotter key and a 3/8" 'quick link' and pull the swingarm off the pivot shaft. All that remains is a 2" X 5" stub shaft (the part that gets the grease). Phred52

Thanks for the reply Phred52. I believe I am talking about the same thing you are. The difference is that mine has a bolt where you describe your cotter pin to be. If the nut were to be taken off of this bolt and you would attempt to remove the bolt - the bolt runs right in to the angle iron that is welded to the sleeve and the fender.

Jiggs, If I understand correctly, what you're trying to say is, You can't remove your swingarm assembly from your house without having to weld it together to reassemble it? That being the case, I really can't offer any help on how to re-grease your pivot point without seeing how it was built. Phred52