• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

combo house

GoneFish'n71

I am new to spearing. Iam planning on cutting a spear hole in my ice house so I can use it for both fishing/spearing. The question I have is my white interior going to interfere with spearing if is completely dark except for the light comming in from the hole? My other question is if the fish could see my silhoute against the white? Any advice would be helpful thanks!

It is a Zack shack,(@ 1000 lbs it is more portable than most portables) it is paintable(white right now) but I think it would get to dark inside when I want to use it for angling if I painted it black. So, I think I am more looking for suggestions how to convert it quick and easy from black to white/white to black. I do understand that black is prefered, but just wonderingif anyone ever tried spearing with white interior?

I'm not sure how I would fasten velcro to the spray foam. So far I like the curtain rod idea the best. I'm thinking of hanging a couple peices of conduit the length of the house for a rod and I could remove it easily. Now I need to get it done so I can get out there!!!

I bought it used and was going to resell it(bought super cheap and wanted to make a few $$), but I fell in love with it and could't let it go. It seems to be very well thought out. It is light and easy to move/setup. It also tows well, but has plenty of wind resistance. It's the only house I know of that has torsion axle suspension. I also like the sprayfoam insulation, it is very tight and easy to heat and also makes everything very solid. If I would have built it I would have made it bigger, and made the front more aerodynamic somehow.

a guy that owns the bait store in this area has a portable that has a white interior and he also fishes out of it he had a canvas place sew in a black canvas just on the ceiling, he said that it works great and the fish dont see his shadows as easy