Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slabchaser

MMM good

4 posts in this topic

Just watched a vexilar episode where they fried up some bluegills on the ice. mmmm that sounds soo good right now. Its sad knowing I have to go to work Id rather be fishing. Eat some for me.

I watched that one too, I thought they were perch, but don't matter. As soon as I saw it my mouth started to water and I started trying to figure out where I am going to go first time out to get some panfish to fry up. They sure looked good and nothing is better than eating them right out of the fry basket.

I watched that one too, I thought they were perch, but don't matter. As soon as I saw it my mouth started to water and I started trying to figure out where I am going to go first time out to get some panfish to fry up. They sure looked good and nothing is better than eating them right out of the fry basket.

2 different episodes. One had bluegill fry and the other had perch.

I also saw the blue gill fry. 99% of the time I catch and release, even panfish. After watching that one I will be doing ALOT more keeping panfish and frying them up.

The scaling and keeping the meat & skin on the bone when frying up was a great reminder that a Sunfish does not have to be huge to justify keeping for the frying pan. Besides, most lakes could use a little harvesting of all them smaller ones.