• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV Windshield From the "Big C Store"?

S.D. Ice Angular

Hi There,

I am trying to put a windshield on my Sportsman 500 for the ice season this year.

I know that most of you have recommended using the Polaris Lock N Ride.

BUT

Has anyone ever tried to put one of these windshields on a Sportsman 500?

I see one of the big sporting goods stores has one of these on their web site.

I really like the idea of having the mirrors on it already but I wish it had a bit more clear area on it.

(Not so mcuh of the lower portion blacked out)

Just looking for some input, I do have points I could use. wink

th_s7_520580_imageset_01.jpg

Hi SomethingFishy, Thanks for your feedback

I had not thought about that I wish I could see one somewhere before I purchase.

I really like the setup you posted in your “Machines are prepped for winter. (w/pics)” post.

I have started to do some research on this via the internet. I have not seen a tinted windshield yet.

The question I have is, What is the model of the windshield you are using?

Also who makes the “Hand Guards” and the “mirrors” you show in them pictures.

How much ($$$) would you say you have in the Windshield w/mouting hardware, Hand Guards & Mirrors.

Bought the mirror from Cabelas, it goes in the end of your handlebar . Deluxe Handlebar Mirror Item:IJ-521109 $19.99

Mirror.jpg

Black Handguards - 2007 Sportsman/Sportsman X2/Hawkeye

Item# 2875709-177 $39.99

or

Black Hand Guards - 2001-06 Sportsman

Item# 2874871-177 $39.99

PolarisHandguards.jpg

Both windshields I own are Pure Polaris accesories.

Lock & Ride™ Black Low-Profile Windshield – Sportsman Item #: 2875781 $79.99

shortblackwindshield.jpg

Lock & Ride™ Windshield – 2005-2007 Sportsman

Mid Windshield - 17.75" Item# 2876018 $119.99

Tall Windshield - 19.25" Item# 2876017 $119.99

Tallclearwindshield.jpg

I have the Tall windshield as I figured the extra 1.25" would not make much difference.

Heres a side x side comparison of the short black and the clear tall windshield together, and lastly my old 500 with the tall windshield an the mad dog auger mount.

P1010321.jpg

P1010316.jpg

DSCN1232.jpg

Windshield, handguards, and mirror will all work together simultaneously.

Good luck finding what you are looking for, if you have any other questions I'd be more than happy to help.

Here's to good fishing.

PS: Most Polaris dealers have the ability to discount the prices 10-15% The mirror is also available at most dealers but is at a slightly higher cost.

I had that windshiled/fairing on my outlander and had a pheasant rip a mirror off without doing any other damage. The fairing is VERY tough material. Mounting them is the biggest issue I had since my machines all have the handlebars completly covered.