• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Not enough fletch clearance

N7709K

Is there anyway to adjust a QAD dropaway so that it falls faster?

The reason that I ask is that I had the fletching come off half a dozen arrows(some of it was a mediocre fletching job by my) when they hit the prongs so to say. I also have marks from the felt on the rest on the under side of my vanes. I shoot odd one up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

try shooting odd one down if the prongs are split. That way if it does hit a little the vane will pass right through with no affect. Also if the cable/string is connected to the cable slide try bringing it to your shop and have them attach it to th buss cable or the down cable, not sure which one it is you will have to check, but I know attaching it to the cable will allow it to get down quicker.

As stated.

try shooting with one vane/feather down. On your drop-a-way rest there may be a way to adjust the tension on them.(On my NAP 1000. There is a set screw on the barrel, that you loosen,and change the tension)

Check the timing. With the rest up and string at full-draw, slowly let the string down and watch when the rest falls. Make sure it starts to drop immediately. If not, adjust the string to the buss cable so that it does.

With a drop-away, you shouldn't have to worry about cock-vane position, but like others said, cock-vane down would be best with prong style.