Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
BigGrassBass

Shot shells--What's the difference?

Hi guys and gals,

I am looking to move to non toxic shot for all species I hunt. I've heard a lot of different and conflicting information about steel, tungsten, etc. when compaired to lead. I was wondering if there were any articles or charts that compair all the different types of shot as far as weight, killing power, speed, tightness of group, etc. I'm thinking if I switched to whatever is closest to lead I won't notice much of a difference.

As always, your opinions are valued as well.

Thanks,

BGB

They have charts on some of the boxes in the stores. Assuming you currently shoot lead for Pheasant, I shoot 12 gauge 4 shot 1.25 oz lead, or 12 gauge 2 shot steel. Hope that helps.

if you plan on switching to non-toxic other than steel, you'll need some bottomless pockets.

I agree with rwwong. I try to shoot #4 lead and #2 steel. I prefer to stick with the hi-speed steel rounds (1500FPS).

Also keep in mind that if you choose to shoot steel, a modified choke for lead is a full choke for steel.

That's what I have, #2 steel. It's some of my duck loads. I have an old Mossberg full choke 12 gauge so I'll just wait til the bird gets out there a ways!