• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shot shells--What's the difference?

Hi guys and gals,

I am looking to move to non toxic shot for all species I hunt. I've heard a lot of different and conflicting information about steel, tungsten, etc. when compaired to lead. I was wondering if there were any articles or charts that compair all the different types of shot as far as weight, killing power, speed, tightness of group, etc. I'm thinking if I switched to whatever is closest to lead I won't notice much of a difference.

As always, your opinions are valued as well.

Thanks,

BGB

if you plan on switching to non-toxic other than steel, you'll need some bottomless pockets.

I agree with rwwong. I try to shoot #4 lead and #2 steel. I prefer to stick with the hi-speed steel rounds (1500FPS).

Also keep in mind that if you choose to shoot steel, a modified choke for lead is a full choke for steel.