• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Storage question

Does anyone know if there is a card reader out there that with transfer from an SD/CF or what have you directly to a flash drive? Or will any of the photo viewer storage devices allow you to transfer photos to a key chain type flash drive with out interfacing to a computer?

I would like to find a way to transfer photos to a flash drive without turning on a computer or buying a viewer.

I don't know of anything, but that seems like a lot to handle for a little key chain flash drive IMO. Just bite the bullet and get one of those fancy 80GB viewers. That'll take care of one of your "work" trips at least. laugh

I hope not, 150 photos is a pain to go through let alone 8GB worth. 80GB O!M!G! I was thinking It would be nice to have on vacation though,then I don't have to drag the laptop along. Of course if I don't spend a few hours each night sorting while on vacation I may never see the pictures again. grin

I'm not sure about that Yak, there are lots of flash card/reader combos but they all I think require a computer to power the flash drive.

How about a microdrive or the fancy photo viewers that Mike mentioned? A bit more expensive but it has its own power, those are the only ones I can think of just off hand that don't require a computer.