• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

any ideas ?

shorebird

My daughter shot a nice buck yesterday it lost a fair amount of blood but we were unable to find it. It got late so this morning we went out to the evergreen trees. We were able to pick up a new blood track and I followed it for quite a ways through the pine trees.

After some time the blood became less and eventually I lost the track. I walked around the exterior of the woods hoping to see signs of him crossing into another woods but was unable to find and more sign.

After about a hour I walked back to where I found the blood this morning and was suprised to find that fresh blood was now on over boot prints almost all the way through the woods. The deer was following my tracks as you could see fresh blood on my tracks.

Has anyone one else had this happen to them? Or is there a reason this might happen?

Try taking 2 people out. Its circling you and keeping your location known. Go out with 2 and set one on stand off to the side of your trail. I have a friend who did this and he was able to take the deer they were tracking.

I agree with what skee said, he's wounded pretty good because he is not leaving this core area, he is just circling when you come through. Get a second with a gun, it will probably happen again if you don't find it dead, they can only lose so much blood.