Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chad austin

H2O c W/O chip

12 posts in this topic

I've got the chance to buy an H2O color for $150 brand new

never been out of the box

My questions are:

1. Are these preloaded with maps of lakes or do you have to have the chip?

2. Is there a way to hook these up to a vex battery?

3. What is loaded on them from the factory?

they will have some lakes and roads but the lakes will not have any contour lines.

it does come with a cigarete lighter adaptor but the warranty claims that if you try and splice the power cord into a power source by removing the plug it voids the warranty cause the plug actually reduces the input power drasticaly and if you bypass it you can fry the unit.

definatly buy it and then get a chip cause the chip is worth just as much money if not more than the actual unit imo if a lake you are fishing has been hd maped by navionics or lakemaster. i have both and use both

thanks, bearbait

for the quick responce I,m on the phone ordering it right now

thanks again

you should be able to power it from a vex battery if you wire a cigarette lighter adapter to the vex battery. Then you can just plug it into that.

1. Are these preloaded with maps of lakes or do you have to have the chip?

Maps yes, contours no. If you want them, I HIGHLY reccomend the Lakemaster MN chip, $99.99, with 750 lakes on it. Used it so many times I can't imagine fishing without it.

2. Is there a way to hook these up to a vex battery?

Not directly and keep the warranty intact, but you should be good with what Dtro said.

3. What is loaded on them from the factory?

Pretty much any road above county road level, and all cities.

If you do buy a chip go online and research navionics and lakemasters, i own both chips and i use them both for different applications but i use the navionics chip 90% of the time cause it has more of the HD maped lakes i fish including the lake our cabin is on, lakemaster does not.

each company should tell you on their web site which chips map which lakes and if they are HD maped or not, the HD mapping is incredible, almost don't need the depthfinder. and remember if the lake isn't HD mapped it will be the same map that the state drew up and everybody on here knows how accurate those can be winklaugh

Thanks again to everyone who responded so quickly

this site is top notch as are the people on here

I can't belive this HSOforum is free (thanks you to all the sponsers)

Definitely recommend buying the $99.99 chip. It's a great guidance point. It's not highly accurate on smaller lakes, but it seems to be right on for the bigger, more well-known lakes.

The chip is a must. Can you tell by looking at the chip which version it is. What I am asking is, how do you know that you are getting the most updated chip?

Is there a way to hook these up to a vex battery?