• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deer meat

elks fisherman

I grind my meat up into burger and I put together batches of 5 lbs. Cabelas has Variety pack of seasoning's I would recomend. I use a jerky gun that is metal worth their weight in gold and I put them jerky on my trays for the dehydrator. Works out great. I would suggest getting a jerky gun and try their flavor's out from cabelas. You can do the chunks of meat but it always seems to be too variable for me.

Frying pan, 1/4 stick of butter, green bell pepper sliced, onion sliced, lawreys, garlic salt, thin sliced venison. Cook it hot for a few minutes and that stuff is the best.

Also can take that same mixture and put it in a taco shell, some shredded cheese and sour cream.

YUM, red neck fajita.

As for jerky, I like to do what code man does.

Another trick is instead of buying the jerky seasoning another thing you can do is buy the jerky cure in bulk and use your favorite steak seasonings along with it. Trying out your own techniques will work good.

Hit the Recipes forumn and you'll find more things to do with venison then you've ever imagined.

this is what i was going to say. There is sooooooooooooo much on there, and if you dont see it on the first page, make sure you move to the next one, becuase there is a ton of stuff on there.

Instead of using ground venison for our jerky, we take the roast and run them through either a deli slicer or use a serrated bread knife to get a nice consistent thickness (having the roast semi-frozen can help quite a bit).

Then we cure the sliced meat with the Cabela's seasoning and then run it through the dehydrator.

One tip: when the meat comes out of the dehydrator, lay it on paper towels to cool off before you package it. If you don't, the warm meat will cause the air moisture to condense in the package and essentially re-hydrate your jerky and it ends up ruining it.

Hope that helps.