• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Goose/Duck field set-up

I've shot them over duck decoys and mojos...when its running they sometime flare just outside the spread and close enough to make a shot. Usually one of us will run and turn em off and wings flat so the white is not sticking out and they'll come in, as of my experience. When hunting field for ducks and geese, I put the goose decoys around the blinds to cover up and in a "U" shape then the duck decoys up front the blinds but enough room for the geese to land in that hole...spread the duck decoys around.

Or else if you are worried about geese not landing with duck decoys out, just bring all goose decoys and do what youve been doing and bring a mojo or two then the ducks will come in, remove it/turn it off when you start shooting geese. Works well.

We were out this weekend on a private field in the western part of the state that I have access to. We ran the air lucky with 12 GHG field mallards, and 6 GHG hot buys in the water puddle next to where we were hunting.

Honkers did not mind the mojo at all. We had the layouts in the middle of the geese...15 yards to each end of the decoys. both honkers and mallards finished nicely in the pocket. We also shot alot of the greenheads hovering right over the mojo waiting to land...bad mistake!!!

My buddies an I have learned that geese dont like robo ducks. So we try to shut them down when we see geese. Geese will come in and land over ducks but ducks will not do the same. If we set out both we put geese on upwind side with 15 yd gap between geese and ducks. Seems to work good. Also flagging is a very important thing. We use this for both because there attracted to movement.