• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yamaha, Mercury or Suzuki?

Carpenter

I had the same problem, finding a good boat that fits in the garage. I ended up getting a skeeter WX-1880, it was well worth the money. it comes standard with the F150 yamaha, but I went with the 200 HPDI. I have had yamahas now for the last 12 years, and have had very good luck with these motors. my new 200 gets great milage and power, I would rank it even with evinrudes E-tech. the optimax seems a little loud for me, but a buddie of mine has a 150 opti, with good luck also. I have no experience with the suzuki, but my arctic cat F8 sled, with the suzuki motor runs great.

This may not be helpfull at all but I run a Ranger 1860 Angler with a yam 150 and a t-8. I ran into a guy this summer running the same boat with a 175 E-Tech his top end was only 2mph faster than mine and I have a t-8 hanging on the back and he did not. I don' think you were interested in the E-Tech but thought I would share the info. As far as my expreience goes the yamaha 150 has been great. I did prop it down and that improved performance alot. No question it is not going to compare in hole shot or top end to knoppers 200 hpdi. Just my opinion but I would not be willing to spend much extra to go the 175 now switching boats and going to the 200 hpdi would be a different story. Good Luck.......