Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WALLEYEDUDE2001

Fishhouse roof options for V-front house ?

8 posts in this topic

One peice galv. vs rubber vs steel. Looking for opinions from others who have built their own house. Installation tips ?

I built my house with a rubber roof. Rather easy to do. I am very happy with it.

I just put a rubber roof on mine also. It was extremely easy and fairly cheap, I think with the insulation board and glue it was around 230 bucks.

That's a 3rd vote for rubber. Easy, fairly inexpensive and tough. Also, easy to patch if needed.

I also put a rubber roof on mine menards rubber is .045 I callled a commercial roofer he said he installes .045 and .060 but the .060 is so tough to work with . menards price was also cheaper dont forget to get the glue my 7x16 with a v front took about 2 1/2 gallons.

Walleyedude2001, I have the SAME as adamr has. Short of having something slash the rubber, I figured it was the most cost effective in my case. As adamr said though, DON'T forget the glue. I also put a metal edging (from Menards)around the house and screwed that down too. It acts like a mini raingutter, and directs water when the sun heats up and melts the overnight frost etc. works well! Phred52

there was a post a while back from deadminnowcatcher- he used rubber on his house and had pictures of putting it on- I think he called it a ultimate fish house