• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oct 16-19 Weekend Reports

cjac

I'm including 4 days with the Ed MN weekend........reports?

Bald Eagle on Saturday was tough, as the lake just turned. Green, smelly, and a lot of floating weeds, so no fish.

Sunday I was on White Bear Lake, saw fish and got a few to spin on the 8 with no eaters, but what a nice day. I messed up one that there's no excuse for.....not a really big fish but would have been fun. The water was very clear, and with the calm conditions it was almost like fishing in an aquarium, I could see everything......

How did the rest of you do?

Caught a FAAAAAT 44'ish fish on Saturday and lost an upper 40's fish too. Hit at boatside, jumped into the side of the boat twice, headshaking all over the surface. Swam away from the boat, got about 20 feet out, broke the surface again and tossed the bait...argh. Had 8 pretty aggressive follows for the day.

Sunday was interesting. Did a blast and cast with hugobox on BE. Ducks were mediocre, he got 1 redhead, shot at a few more. Fished maybe 2 hours with nothing. Went back out on a different lake in the afternoon, moved 3 right off the bat, 1 bigger, two smaller. Bigger one was pretty keen on the DCG but broke off at boatside and disappeared.

Since we're including the 4 day, lost a low 50's fish on Thursday night as well. Gotta figure out why i'm having so many fish throw lures! That's 7-8 this week alone!

Went out on Bald Eagle Saturday. Had one that looked to be in the low 40's follow up and hang out by the boat for a little bit. I went home without the bloody, slimy mess in the boat. Sad day.

Went out Saturday with a buddy and we had 8 follows and lost 2 boatside... Sunday we had 5 follows and finally got a 44" in the boat. Didnt get to fish the whole day on Sunday though cuz it got really windy at about 4 in the afternoon.

I was out all week (Wed-Sat) celebrating the Ed MN break and toured West Battle Lake, Miltona, Alexander, Shamineau and didn't catch any. Moved fish every day but nothing willing to eat a hook. A few smaller ones less than 30" were snapping at bucktails and missing a few times. It was a beautiful week to be out if nothing else and get some nice sunglasses lines on the face again.