• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2 or 4 inch?

rage2blade

I was just wondering what the difference is in shooting 2 inch vanes or 4 inch vanes. Right now i shoot 4 inch but was thinking about switching over too 2 inch for next year becasue i know you are suppose to get more speed out of them. Just curious to see what everyone else shoots and the reason behind it.

Hmm i havent found any problems if your shooting good broadheads... i dont know about the speed, but so far im lovin the blazers. With the new DXT and 2" blazers im shootin groups the size of a quarter at 20 yards.

Lighter, faster. Nearly every company offers a 2" vane nowadays. For the price, you can't go wrong with Blazers. NAP Quik Spin ST's are great too but they're about twice the price. If your bow is properly tuned, you can shoot big fixed blades with them the same as a field point. I shot 4" feathers for years... and still do on occasion but the durability of vanes and added speed is nice. I've got both in my quiver right now. Give them a shot next year... the Blazer's are a higher profile vane & may cause clearance issues on some rest. If you have a drop-away you're fine.

If your bow is tuned properly, the 2" vanes weigh less and have less surface area to slow the arrow down.. Hence a faster shooting arrow.. However, some like Blazer, have just as much surface arrow, and supposedly are better with broad heads.. a 2" should have less wind drift as well.

I bought new arrows this summer as CE doesn't make the CX300's anymore. Went with Gold Tip XT Hunters 5575 w/ 2" vanes. I've shot them side by side with my 4" vanes and I cannot visually tell any difference in speed, flight, or groups. Both shoot just fine at all yardages. I'm st up at 64# draw weight, and use mechanicals. I also have a drop-away rest. For you Bisquit boys...can you shoot blazers thru them?

So im also kind of curious what brand arrows are you guys shooting. guess when i bought my arrows i was just starting out and really had no clue what i wanted so i just got whatever. Any suggestions for a guy shooting around 60# draw weight with mechanical broadheads and a drop away rest. My draw length is only 26 1/2 so i want some what of a fast arrow. would be nice anyways. think i will have to give the blazers a try next year i've only heard good things about them. thanks again guys for all your info!

I knew that a change in 5-7 grains wouldn't change my fps much, and obviously wouldn't be able to see it. Some comments were made that it is a faster arrow, without saying by how much. I guess I just stated it wasn't noticeable, to let others know that the difference is negligible to the average shooter.

Thanks for the input on the biscuit...I don't use one but thought those that do might like to know.

BTW Stick, have you had a chance to scout out the refuge?

I'm shootin The 2" blazer vanes now with the rip cord drop away rest.I Have the rest as forward as it can go (away from the vane) to get the best clearance, and they still hit the drop away rip cord. Need to go to smaller (in height) vanes.