Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
rage2blade

2 or 4 inch?

I was just wondering what the difference is in shooting 2 inch vanes or 4 inch vanes. Right now i shoot 4 inch but was thinking about switching over too 2 inch for next year becasue i know you are suppose to get more speed out of them. Just curious to see what everyone else shoots and the reason behind it.

The speed you will get most likely will not help enough to matter and they don't fly as good with broadheads. I think the biggest difference is they look different. (kinda girly looking) lol

Hmm i havent found any problems if your shooting good broadheads... i dont know about the speed, but so far im lovin the blazers. With the new DXT and 2" blazers im shootin groups the size of a quarter at 20 yards.

Lighter, faster. Nearly every company offers a 2" vane nowadays. For the price, you can't go wrong with Blazers. NAP Quik Spin ST's are great too but they're about twice the price. If your bow is properly tuned, you can shoot big fixed blades with them the same as a field point. I shot 4" feathers for years... and still do on occasion but the durability of vanes and added speed is nice. I've got both in my quiver right now. Give them a shot next year... the Blazer's are a higher profile vane & may cause clearance issues on some rest. If you have a drop-away you're fine.

If your bow is tuned properly, the 2" vanes weigh less and have less surface area to slow the arrow down.. Hence a faster shooting arrow.. However, some like Blazer, have just as much surface arrow, and supposedly are better with broad heads.. a 2" should have less wind drift as well.

I bought new arrows this summer as CE doesn't make the CX300's anymore. Went with Gold Tip XT Hunters 5575 w/ 2" vanes. I've shot them side by side with my 4" vanes and I cannot visually tell any difference in speed, flight, or groups. Both shoot just fine at all yardages. I'm st up at 64# draw weight, and use mechanicals. I also have a drop-away rest. For you Bisquit boys...can you shoot blazers thru them?

So im also kind of curious what brand arrows are you guys shooting. guess when i bought my arrows i was just starting out and really had no clue what i wanted so i just got whatever. Any suggestions for a guy shooting around 60# draw weight with mechanical broadheads and a drop away rest. My draw length is only 26 1/2 so i want some what of a fast arrow. would be nice anyways. think i will have to give the blazers a try next year i've only heard good things about them. thanks again guys for all your info!

I knew that a change in 5-7 grains wouldn't change my fps much, and obviously wouldn't be able to see it. Some comments were made that it is a faster arrow, without saying by how much. I guess I just stated it wasn't noticeable, to let others know that the difference is negligible to the average shooter.

Thanks for the input on the biscuit...I don't use one but thought those that do might like to know.

BTW Stick, have you had a chance to scout out the refuge?

I'm shootin The 2" blazer vanes now with the rip cord drop away rest.I Have the rest as forward as it can go (away from the vane) to get the best clearance, and they still hit the drop away rip cord. Need to go to smaller (in height) vanes.

If your vanes are hitting the rest... it's not setup properly. I use the same setup (Ripcord & Blazers). Is your nocking point installed property and rest centershot? Take a pic of your setup and post it. We'll try and help ya out.