Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
prov1900

Hand Auger Considerations

I want to buy a Nils hand auger this year. Does anyone own one and is the 6" or the 8" the way to go? I already have a SM LazerMag (10 years old), but want to lighten the load in the early season. The advertisements say that the Nils will cut through thick ice in short order. True?

I have the Nils and the hand auger is crazy fast. I have the 8" but the 6" would be even faster of course. Once you learn the handle angle and how to crank it you can go through ice in a serious quickness. Its the fastest hand auger I have used and I have what I think is the second fastest wich is the Strikemaster Lazer hand auger in a 8".

Both are fast but I see a big difference in the Nils and Lazer.

Like I said getting down the proper technique with the Nils is key. Once you do that your off to the races.

As with any auger take care of the blades and make sure to cover them when not used and you will be fine. Be very careful putting the balde cover ona nd off. Those baldes are razor sharp.

You picked the right one for a hand auger. I would rate these the best 3 hand augers...

1. Nils Master

2. Fin Bore III

3. Strikemaster Lazer

Just remember to take care of any auger blades and never bang them into the ice.

Swags where did you see the Fin Bore 111 at? I have been looking into them but cant find them anyplace. Do you know how much they cost? E-mail me the info please at the below addy.

Never heard of that brand until now. I did some quick research and apparently people are leaving their gas augers behind...forever. It also looks like Canadian Tire may have a hookup with these. Hemlock, do you know anything about these?

I found them on a Normark site and they look just like a Nils hand auger with strikemaster blades.

I think Ill stick with my Nils. I know the Nils blades are faster than my strikemasters.