Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Johnson

Fish Houses Up at Thorne Bros!!!

Thorne Brothers in Fridley, MN now has a nice assortment of portable fish houses out and on display. After last weekend's Portable Modification Get Together we've decided to keep everything up and make ice fishing a 6-month season smile

Thorne Bros also has a room full of ice fishing tackle, rods, clothing, electronics, etc...

Stop in at Thorne Bros and take a look!

Thorne Bros

7500 University Ave

Fridley, MN 55432

763-572-3782

Or visit the Thorne Bros website... www.ThorneBros.com

Also stay tuned for the "Wednesday Night Seminar" schedule. Starting in November, Thorne Bros will play host to a seminar every Wednesday night at 7pm. These seminars will continue through the month of March. So, ice fishing seminars at Thorne Bros every Wedneday from November-March!

A little teaser... Brian "Bro" Brosdahl will be hosting the seminar on Wednesday, November 19! So mark your calender and come listen to Bro! Also spend some time talking with Bro afterwards!

Stay tuned for more info!.......

I was just up there for the first time this week as I now work up in that area. I didn't see much out for icefishing maybe I am blind but I saw all the ice suits. There was a rod/fly fishing section the a muskie section, did I just not explore enough?

Looking forward to stopping in more, my old man is into rod making so it was nice to see some stuff there for that.

Yep, we have a majority of the ice gear set up in a different room. Just stop in a ask one of the employees if you can check out the ice gear and they'll bring you back to the "ice room" smile

I spent a good portion of the day yesterday adding new ice gear into the system and putting it up onto the shelves. Day-by-day we're seeing more and more ice gear hitting the shelves and soon it will also be front and center! smile

Can't promise that Scott smile

We set up all of the electronics yesterday and loaded another semi full of ice gear! Another 12 pallets full of stuff smile

Everything is starting to come out onto the main floor. Thorne Bros will be "iced over" within the next week! smile

I stopped in last night just to see the status, I missed Matt by about 2 minutes Pat told me. They have a good stock of rods out, and I want to get at least one copy of all of them. I just wish the pocket book would agree to those terms. I am pretty stoked for this hardwater season.

Hey Matt I just watched the video of the first seminar on equipement. A big thanks for making them avaliable to us folks not in the metro area.I am really looking foreward to the next three topics.Ever given any thought to putting all the seminars on DVD. Being able to review the info any time would great.

I would also like to thank the whole Thorn Bros orginization for taking the step beyond just selling equipement to education.The free weekly seminars is not something I see from the big name retailers in my area.

That being said I am curious about the history of Thorn Bros.

Where and when was it started and how has it evolved ??

Education is first and foremost. It's our job to help others catch more fish, period. Thorne Bros has always been known as a leader in the fishing industry and we're always finding new ways to incorporate our teachings.

I set up the "Wednesday Night Seminars" last winter and they seemed to be very popular. However, like you mentioned, there were a lot of people who are out of town or can't make it, so this year I decided to either record video or audio for all of the seminars so others can listen/watch. You can listen/watch as many times as you would like and whenever works best for you. Thats one of the beauties of the Internet.

I will be at every Wednesday Night Seminar whether I'm giving it or not. This winter does have (and will continue to have) an awesome line-up of speakers and topics!

The history of Thorne Bros dates back about 25 years ago when Greg and Paul Thorne decided to embark on this wonderful adventure known as fishing retail smile It started out as a rod shop in the upstairs of another tackle shop. Soon after, Thorne Bros acquired its own building and started to run with the complete outdoor experience. Hunting was once a part of Thorne Bros but eventually gave way to just fishing. Now Thorne Bros is the leader in custom rod building and fishing knowledge. The staff at Thorne Bros are regularly quoted in various fishing publications and its not uncommon to see camera crews make an appearance in the shop from time to time to pick the brains of the employees. The In-fisherman staff also frequents Thorne Bros to learn about the latest info and pick the brains of those who work behind the counters (and out in the field). We're all in it for the same cause. Not a single Thorne Bros employee works on commission, and its a complete understanding that its our job to educate the fishing public and make sure they walk out with their questions answered and gain a better understanding of what they walked through the doors for.

Thorne Bros is not a huge store like Gander Mountain, Sportsmans Warehouse, Cabelas, etc, but where Thorne Bros lacks in size we make up in knowledge and gesture. And for anyone who has walked into Thorne Bros I think its safe to say that you're amazed at just how much can be packed into a small building smile Specialty, hard-to-find items are more available at Thorne Bros, and its not uncommon to see Thorne Bros go against the popular choice in order to supply what our staff believes in and what continues to work. Bottom-line... Thorne Bros sells fun and its a fun experience within their walls!