• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reviews on stealth videocamera?

frabillfisher

I was in fleet farm the other day and saw the new compact stealth cam recorder. Has anyone purchased one of these and tried it out? It looks well build but yet simple plus comes with 5 or so different mounting brackets..I have always wanted to video tape my hunting but never could afford a full size camera or wanted to lug one with...input would be nice...Thanks

Epic Stealth Cam review-

My wife purchased this camera for my birthday in mid-August, and I was able to use it in the field for the first time 13 September. The picture is somewhat grainy, lack of view finder makes it tough to KNOW where exactly you're shooting, however, the audio is really good, and it's compact design makes it very easy to pack in your bag/set up.

I harvested a doe on opener, 25 yds, Rage 2- blade, and I did not get the shot on cam. She surprised me, and I was not able to turn camera on/move camera to her direction. Oh well, MN deer in freezer, got married 20 September, now I wait until Iowa bow kicks off!

I also have a stealth cam. I have been using it when I record hunts with my friends. I use a JVC Everio for the main recorder, but it is fun to set up the epic as a secondary camera to catch a different angle, or the shooters perspective. It is pretty bad in low light conditions, but as far as videotaping by yourself, or trying to get two different angles to piece together into a video it is great and the price was right. My question to others who have the camera is this. My camera has no time stamp, but the videos I have seen on youtube have them. I called the company and they said there is no timestamp. Can someone let me know if there camera has a time stamp.

Erik