• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Male Pointer Question

1900_LE

I bought a 9 month old female GSP the other day. The guy that had her said he would "throw" in a 4 year old male GSP. He is of the same breeding as the female just a little older. Here's my question, maybe two. He has spent the better part of his life in a outdoor kennel. First, after he gets use to his new surroundings, is he trainable? Second, if I had him neutered, will that affect his performance? Assuming he has any. The only thing that seems to get him "excited" now is the female. All he is interested in doing is mounting her. Thanks

so I take it he was just used for stud?? has he hunted at all?? at 4 years old he will be a little more difficult to train. he will have developed his habits/routines that may be hard to change. I'd be careful. if he had any experience and was nuetered, I'd tell you I'd take him!! lost my gsp this spring, but don't want to do the puppy thing at this point in my life with young kids. good luck with whatever you decide