• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Polaris Magnum 2001, 325 4X4

Kingfisher

Have a 1999 325 Sportsman, 1st I am not a hard rider mainly just putting out to the fish house in the winter, getting me and the dogs into our grouse hunting spots during our month long hunt, pulling in 3 deer last season, plus pulling a small trailer during yard work and woods clean up.

Things I like are it always started very easily, is economic on gas, very easy to steer in 2 wheel drive, nice medium size for riding on tight trails, tight turning radius, 2 to 4 wheel drive button, very good brakes.

Things I don’t like are low ground clearance so it gets stuck easier than other ATVs, when I switch from 4 wheel drive to 2 the right front stays locked in until I back up while moving the handle bars back and forth, having to hold in a yellow button while in reverse to get 4 wheel drive in reverse and a smooth reverse ride, 1500 pound winch is almost worthless except for raising and lowering the small plow, only one brake lever on the handle bars.

I bought it used with 325 miles on it. It came with a winch and a small plow. I did a little refurbish work on it, use the heck out of it and would do it again.

Tink

Well put Tink.

Also keep in mind this machine is no powerhouse but has enough to do the chores that Tink has mentioned.

The front right hub stick is an issue of set up and might just need an adjustment. I know there was a post a while back about this on the larger Sportsmans.

Nice machine....

I bought mine used 3 years ago and the only issue was overheating issue. Now fixed(Temp) see my previous post "Overheating"

I would agree 100% with Tink's post. (Although I do have a bigger wench on mine and seems to work well for docks and such)

I also use mine alot. At least 2-3 times a week year round...

Good luck.