• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rodsbyengel

slick2526

Question

I dont have the money to buy the equipment to start right now, but i was wondering do you make any custom ice rods at all? Or would it be that hard to make them or one by myself? I want to either build or buy a noodle rod. but i want to make it very light action. grin.gif if you would prefer you can email me at [email protected]

[This message has been edited by slick2526 (edited 09-30-2002).]

6 answers to this question

Hey slick,

I'll respond for my dad since I'm sure it'll take him a few weeks before he gets online again. He does make ice rods, and nice ones too. If you want a really sweet one ask him about the maple handled rods he makes- they kick butt! He's made some small maple handled rods for panfish that might be right up your alley.
Dad just got back from a rod convention on Sat. Sounds like he learned a few new tricks and taught a lot of people some of his old tricks.
As for your question about getting started, I'd suggest you talk to him personally. Where do you live? He'd meet with you to show you his gear, equipment, etc. if you were ever in the Fisher area (between Grand Forks and Crookston).
As for him e-mailing you, I'd still suggest you call him (218-891-4415 or 218-634-2020). He's "old school" and isn't making the complete shift to communication via e-mail and such. If he e-mails you, he'll just say "call me"- or he'll call you. Also, he types about three words per minute so he isn't fond of wordy responses while typing (he's going to give me hell for that comment when he sees it.)
I hope this helps. Don't worry about calling him- he's a good guy to talk to and will be happy to talk you about fishing rods.
Scoot

Thanks Scoot, is he normally home most of the day? I have school and then im done around 4pm or so. Well, talk to you later, thanks for the reply. I live in Hawley,MN if you have ever herd of it lol. Its about 25 miles from detroit lakes and about the same from moorehead,MN. Ive been looking for a nice panfish rod, well noodle rod and i think one of thoose with the wood handle would be pretty neat. Also, I bet he probally makes some nice walleye ice fishing rods huh?

[This message has been edited by slick2526 (edited 10-01-2002).]

If I've ever heard of it? I live in Fargo (if you've ever heard of it!!!) Small world.
You have school in Hawley- student or teacher?

My dad's home pretty quite a bit. He's retired and makes rods/fishes and is a full-time grandpa now. Give him a call day or night and he's bound to be around eventually. If he's not there leave a message and he'll get back to you.
Scoot

lolol, used to go to hawley as a student. now i go to y.e.s. in moorehead to get my diplomia. I fish with eyeguy quite a bit during the winter. Im guessing you come down this way to fish. If you ever head to stump lake let me know. thats kind of my head quarters during the winter. im probally going to give your dad a call tonight. whats his first name for i dont feel so dumb?