Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bimbo

new bow?

6 posts in this topic

That leaves it pretty open. I would figure out what you are willing to spend on one...then I would go to your nearest bowshop and test them. Just about all the bows made nowadays are pretty good. I would go with any one that shoots and feels good to you....and fits your budget. Good luck

Yeah I request that you buy two and send one to me.

Try shooting a bunch of bows spend time looking at them with an expirenced pro shop. You'll find something that fits you and your budget... More importantly you. Buy once and buy exactly what you want. Make minimal compromises.

Dont get caught up in sales hype about speeds. Any of the new bows are plenty fast to suprise a deer. Its more important to be able to put the shot were you want then how fast it gets there.

I'd suggest looking into Mathews, Bowtech, and Hoyt. There are many other good companies. Read alot on the subject and you will get a feel of what important in some peoples opinion.

If I were to buy a new bow two requirements I have are 7"+ brace height and a firm backwall. I like thin hand grips to reduce torque. I like the silencer system of Mathews but dislike their back wall. I didn't like the cam over of the PSE X-force. I want to be able to smoothly draw a bow. I really like the some of the Bowtechs I shot.

the best way to find which bow is for you is to draw back a few different models and find out which one is the most comfortable. if it isn't comfortable, you'll never really like shooting it, and have a more difficult time getting consistent. Try a diamond, they are excellent bows made by bow-tech. bow-tech bow, with a cheaper price tag. the only difference is bow-tech sells diamond an unfinished bow, and diamond puts a different camo pattern on them, making them cheaper. the camo pattern just isn't a big $$ name brand, but still look good.

There are more differences than that, they are completely different bows. Diamonds are single cam bows and BowTech use binary cam technology. I will agree though, that Diamonds are good bows, good spead, and are quite quiet.