Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bimbo

new bow?

6 posts in this topic

im lookin to get a new bow for the season. any requests?

That leaves it pretty open. I would figure out what you are willing to spend on one...then I would go to your nearest bowshop and test them. Just about all the bows made nowadays are pretty good. I would go with any one that shoots and feels good to you....and fits your budget. Good luck

Yeah I request that you buy two and send one to me.

Try shooting a bunch of bows spend time looking at them with an expirenced pro shop. You'll find something that fits you and your budget... More importantly you. Buy once and buy exactly what you want. Make minimal compromises.

Dont get caught up in sales hype about speeds. Any of the new bows are plenty fast to suprise a deer. Its more important to be able to put the shot were you want then how fast it gets there.

I'd suggest looking into Mathews, Bowtech, and Hoyt. There are many other good companies. Read alot on the subject and you will get a feel of what important in some peoples opinion.

If I were to buy a new bow two requirements I have are 7"+ brace height and a firm backwall. I like thin hand grips to reduce torque. I like the silencer system of Mathews but dislike their back wall. I didn't like the cam over of the PSE X-force. I want to be able to smoothly draw a bow. I really like the some of the Bowtechs I shot.

the best way to find which bow is for you is to draw back a few different models and find out which one is the most comfortable. if it isn't comfortable, you'll never really like shooting it, and have a more difficult time getting consistent. Try a diamond, they are excellent bows made by bow-tech. bow-tech bow, with a cheaper price tag. the only difference is bow-tech sells diamond an unfinished bow, and diamond puts a different camo pattern on them, making them cheaper. the camo pattern just isn't a big $$ name brand, but still look good.

There are more differences than that, they are completely different bows. Diamonds are single cam bows and BowTech use binary cam technology. I will agree though, that Diamonds are good bows, good spead, and are quite quiet.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I thought it looked cool, the way it unfolds.   Run time indeed is an issue, and it would probably take slogging through them one by one to tell.
    • U have to keep telling us.......
    • duurrrr whats a heat exchanger I sold my trail sled and only have my f/c ice fishing sled now.   I was thinking about buying a new trail sled beginning of this year but glad I didn't I just don't have time for both ice fishing and sledding oh the hardships I have   I wish I lived in the mountains I think snowmobiling would win over fishing
    • Have the 8" k-drill. Bought it at the fishing show. Had it out about 8 different times and love it. No complaints. Very light weight, drill about 20-25 holes out each time. Only on Monday did I have to use a second battery, had about 21 inches of ice. I have two 5ah batteries for it.
    • It was awesome.....it is not exactly a new thing for presidents to lie, but the guy actually brought in clappers to clap for his lies about pee and crowd gate.....as this means somehow he wasn't lying his a$$ off?  Watching Spicer later in the day trying to provide cover for the boss was almost painful. ....if it wasn't so funny. No clappers there    #sidetrackedfromallthefirstdaypromises
    • Looks like great sub-flooring but not sure how well chip board products would hold up for a trailer top? Even if it's a covered trailer the slush and salt will do a number on the bottom side I would think? For the cost I would just put some 5/8th treated plywood down.
    • I used to sip cognac with a beer and I didn't even get in to whiskeys or bourbons until 8 or 10 years ago, so as a novice I started with the Canadian blends like Crown, Tangle Ridge and Pendleton and I'm more of a sipper using the old fashioned glasses.  I can't give recommendations on any of the really good brands, but if you ever see some of this... run screaming from the bar.  
    • Catfish is right up there with walleye, perch, trout, steelhead, salmon, flounder, grouper.....
    • What does it matter what Bernie Sanders had figured out considering the DNC blatantly rigged the primary against him? And then they tried with all their might to do it again and were exposed.   Face it, you party is fueled by people who are showing that they are the very ones they claim to be fighting against.    Immoral, intolerant, violent, judgemental and full of hate. 
    • hope to have my nills by next weekend to do some testing. 6 incher. putting it with a ryobi 600 pound torque drill with 4 amp batteries. sold the clam plate and auger. friend also use it with the milwaukee drill and same hang up issue. used an 8 inch k drill on bowstring last week with the milwaukee fuel.  opened holes nice and drilled nice. 
  • Our Sponsors