• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Double Showgirls

Just getting into musky fishing and friend gave me one of these lures, anyone ever have any luck throwing them. I see on here that a lot of guys throw the double cowgirls with some luck and these just seem like a smaller version. Also, what are your favorite colors of the DCG's to throw.

Justin

Blades are an important lure for muskies but I would stress the importance of having a wide selection of things to throw at them. Topwater, jerk-baits, Glides, Spinnerbaits, Bulldogs are also important to have. You never know what the fish wants until it bites so if something doesn't work, it is nice to try other things. Have you fished for muskies yet anywhere? IF so, where? what kind of rod/reel/line are you using?

I have a Rapala Musky rod and an Abu Garcia 6600 C4 reel. Have fished ski's several times with others equipment. Lost a 49" boatside in WI over 4th of July, on a spinnerbait. I do have a few bucktails, mostly single blades.

Justin