• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

how was the muskie bit been this year in the grand rapids area

dan z

What lakes are around the Grand Rapids area while you're at it

i'm going up/over to Duluth for college next year and it might be nice to know, even though I wont have a boat up there I might be able to con someone into bringing me out.

Deer Lake west of grand rapids, I don't know any of the road names, so you would need to look at a map or get directions from one the bait shop off HWY 2 there on the west end of town. I was up there last summer and was only able to get the boat out there for a couple hours during late afternoon on a clear and hot day so no luck. The landing is on a bay on the southside of the lake, which I was told can be productive, also work up the west end shoreline, but be alert for the huge rockpile/sunken island on that side as you make your way out of the bay, I think it is buoyed but no guarantee, but it comes at you out of nowhere.