Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gunflint

De-Stinking Live Well

5 posts in this topic

Other than not catching any fish, what's the best way to get the "fish slime" smell out of a live well? I'm thinking of soaking it with water and baking soda for a couple of days. Any better ideas?

I have found rinsing it with warm water, draining it and just letting it dry out works (lid open). Takes about a week, but works.

This works with coolers also. My cut bag of sucker leaks once and awhile and it takes about a week to get the smell gone..

Good luck

I've used mix of baking soda and hot water and scrubbed it out and let it sit for awhile with the lid open and can't notice a smell and I do that for my coolers too, when I put my fish in them on blocks of ice, my wife doesn't like fish smelling beer cans for some reason grin

Salt water works also (same thing, fill it and let it soak then rinse it out good) but since I haven't tried the baking soda I can't say which one works better.

We have a product called Biozyme. Stuff really works. Just spray it around and it does the work. Skeeter12

[note from admin: please read forum poliy before posting again. thanks]

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Whole weekend cheats yes I agree even with ideal weight but one cheat meal a week I feel is ok If you are maintaining your calorie deficit for everything else. I feel like this is actually a good thing because when you are in a calorie deficit your bodies metabolism actually will slow down as your leptin levels drop to conserve energy. Having one cheat meal will temporarily raise your levels.  Now your cheat meal should be sensible still something with carbs and protein think burger or philly cheese steak sandwich pizza with sausage two or 3 slices not the whole pizza.   Fasted cardio before your cheat meal is also recommended         Anyway like others have said before being in a calorie deficit is the way to lose weight You need to find your calorie maintenance level then ideally cut 500 calories a day below that this will get you around 1lb of fat a week loss. Weigh yourself ONCE a week in the morning and track your progress give it 3 weeks before you evaluate and see if the calorie deficit you are at is right if you gained or stayed the same weight take more calorie off your daily intake. Being in a 500 calorie deficit is the most important part exercise comes second when adding exercise this is going to add to the daily calorie you burn so if without exercise you calorie deficit to lose weight was at 2500 calories with exercise it might be 2700 calories a day.   When cutting or anytime really clean foods are #1 in my book if it doesn't spoil in a week I don't eat it Think chicken, broccoli, green beans, peppers, sweet potatoes, green beans, turkey blah blah   You should also count your Macronutrients which are carbs protein and fat Ideally when cutting  10-30% carbs, 40-50% protein, 30-40% fat  
    • Have you had a chance to use your new Garmin Ref? Any feedback to share... 
    • Now that Dems are out of the majority I am seeing big sales on black guns. I would think you could get a better modern rifle than the bushmaster for a very reasonable price right now. 
    • "Because he lives in a high tension area" ... "high capacity"....    This one sounds like trouble just waiting to happen.
    • check for crack in the boot between the motor and the carb. get it started squirt some carb cleaner on the boot if the rpm goes up there is a leak.   
    • just spotted one. yay ! LOL 
    • Leech is absolutely on the right track.  Likely an easy remedy here.
    • Oh yes, he has been around guns since young. I suspect it is a combination of his thinking they are "cool" weapons and the fact that he lives and often has to work in a "high tension" area. I believe he is more interested in high cap than high quality and he can likely spend something reasonable. Since these things are not my bag I am unaware of pricing, features etc. just told him I could ask around for him. Have never had one in my hands! He may have been fired up because he saw some special at F.Farm on them. Thanks.
    • No battery in a 185 3 wheeler. Will have to pull it by hand.
    •   Does he own other guns?   What does he want it for? Self defense Hunting Just to own an AR because they are cool   How much money does he have to spend on one?  
  • Our Sponsors