• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jackrabbit Start, Tortoise finish!

wooduck26

We hit the Mississippi this weekend.......We hit out first spot, a proven spot, and I had a flatty in the boat in 7 minutes! We thought it was going to be a great night, but we never had another run ALL NIGHT! This ever happen to annyone else? Or is it just my bad luck?

Yeah, that happens now and then, it's crazy. Saturday I thought I'd try for flatheads after filling my shootout quota for channels...threw a bullhead on it, and threw it out. Not 2 minutes later I had what I assume was a flathead (it came unbuttoned halfway to the boat). I thought "oh wow, this is going to be a hot action night". I had dreams of walking away with that huge flathead prize of 30-some dollars, plus bragging rights. This was going to be a many-fish night, for sure. Well, that was at 745 pm. We fished past midnight with no other flatheads, not even a run, just some friendly turtles. Switched spots, baits, etc...no luck.

Originally Posted By: aanderud
Well, that was at 745 pm. We fished past midnight

That fish I caught was just after 8 pm.........and we fished until 3:30 am different spots, depths, etc

Could it be an early evening bite right now?

There was a front that pushed through that night. It pretty much brought the fishing to a halt. It started perking back up arountd 0200