• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lowrance x96 for ice fishing?

nowhereusa

Question

I'm just wondering how well the x96 would work for ice fishing. I know there is an ice transducer available for it but wondering if anyone has tried it and what luck they had. Would prefer not to have to buy a new machine if i try and fish this winter!

3 answers to this question

I don't know about that particular model, but my friend bought an x67 and loves it. Likes that you can see the history and is more used to that setup than a flasher.

He got it for the same reason, can use it in the boat in the summer and on the ice. Seems like a smart option to me. He catches as many fish as the rest of us using flashers.

Good Luck!

CJH

The Lowrance flasher screen is junk. I use an X67c in regular graph mode all winter and I love it. Not sure about the X96. The X67c has a color TFT screen that is unaffected by the cold. The monochrome screen on the X96 may be prone to getting sluggish in the cold. Of course, if you're in a house, it shouldn't be a problem.