• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NR Turkey hunting in North Central IA

I don't believe there is much of a lottery for turkey licenses in IA, but you are gonna be shocked at the out of state fee....You could check their DNR site, but I think you need a NR small game license (85 bucks) and then the turkey license ($125 if I remember right) but I think it allows you 2 birds, don't quote me on these though. I deer hunted for a couple years down there and I just can't pay the small game and the doe tag fee.

My friends down there laugh because the DNR wants to thin the deer herd, but they don't want to even consider dropping the fees or changing the fee schedule for antlerless deer for the NR who would like to head to their home state and hunt in IA again

I know that the NR fees are getting high everywhere. If the option is there, I guess I would pay it as it would be great to hunt with friends and gets me out in the woods again. I will look up the DNR's site. Thanks.